Library Research: Endangered Species
Endangered Species Act
- What is it, when was it passed?
- How do species get on the list?
- How do species get off the list?
- What is the difference between endangered and threatened?
- Name 2 species (scientific and common names) on the federally endangered list for:
- Name 2 species (scientific and common names) on the Illinois endangered list for:
- Name an endangered species in the
Russell R. Kirt Prairie, and make a brief sketch.
- What is the status of the Bald Eagle? What are some issues being debated about its status?
- Research one other endangered American species.
- Reason for endangerment
- Protective measures
- Any other interesting facts
- Reference (APA or MLA style):
- What is the international organization involved in the protection of international trade in wild plants and animals?
- When was it established, where is its headquarters, how many countries are members?
- What are some species controlled by this agency?
- Read the article "Legal ivory did not help black market." New Scientist 180.2418 (2003): 11-11.
What was the cost of raw ivory in Africa in 2002?